Friday, January 22, 2010

I have not been on here in a while since there was not much to post about, but now I do! As all of you know we are expecting twins this summer!! The due date is August 1 but twins usually come a little earlier and I would be considered full term at 36 weeks, July 4th. It is perfect timing because we know our little ones are going to be lake/beach babies!

I have only been to the doctor twice, but so far everything is looking good! We have got to have ultrasounds and hear the heartbeats both times which is truly amazing. I can't believe how fast they grow. They started out the size of a pea and are now the size of a lime! My doctor, Dr. Tackitt, is great and I know he is going to take good care of me. They are going to watch me closely and make sure I don't develop gestational diabetes. The condition I have, PCOS, which caused me to have a hard time getting pregnant, puts me at risk along with the fact that I am carrying twins. Also, the more I have read, the more I have heard about being put on bed rest. BUT, we are going to think positive and hope that neither of these things happen! Lord knows I have too much to do :)

In the mean time, we are working on getting things around the house done, and researching all the different things we need. Having twins is a lot different being that we need two or several of each items which all adds up! I'm planning on having 3 different showers so hopefully we will get most all of what we need. Our next appointment is February 4th and we are praying that we find out the sexes! It should be late enough to tell, just depends on if the technician will take the time to look for us. Both mine and Jason's birthdays are in February so it would be the greatest gift ever! We are hoping for a boy and a girl and even had a "sign" at the doctor's office. A patient was called back right after we found out we were having twins, who's first name was our girl name (Angela) and last name was our boy name (Ellis). Of course we will be happy with whatever we are blessed with. Hopefully I will be back with good news on February 4th!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.