Friday, June 4, 2010

It’s getting closer! We visited the perinatologist on Thursday, June 3rd and received some exciting updates! We learned that both boys are head down (go Steven!), which possibly gives me the option of delivering without a c-section. It is still too soon to tell how it will all play out but I am glad to know that it’s a possibility. Our ultrasound technician was amazed at how active they are and wondered how I slept at night! While I know that c-sections are very safe, I just hate the thought of being out of commission in the very beginning. Not to mention Jason will have his hands full!
Jason just happened to ask Dr. Allen what his thoughts are on when the babies will come and he gave us his honest opinion, which was kind of shocking. I am so used to everyone telling me it’s too early to tell! He said his gut feeling is 35 or 36 weeks. That is the week of June 27th (yes, this month!) or the week of July 4th. We knew the week of July 4th was an option but we were just surprised to hear that it could possibly be the 35th week. Dr. Allen is extremely knowledgeable so he could be right. He now wants to see me weekly so we will know more every week. Let’s just all pray that these boys come out strong with no health issues :)
The nursery is almost complete, just waiting on a finishing touch. I am dying to post some pictures but of course I want everything perfect before I do! I don’t know how, but I managed to find a place for every little thing. I am sure it will never be as clean and organized as it is now, but I am enjoying it in the mean time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW EXCITING!!!! The time is almost here! I cannot wait to meet them!

:Dawn